The Historic Jacob House House, named after its first owner Jacob House
who built the home in 1883, offers three one-bedroom apartments in
Historic Downtown Old West Lawrence. Just 4 blocks north of KU
Campus, and three blocks west of Historic Downtown Massachussettes
Street, The Jacob House House offers the finest and most elegant Historic
apartments in the City of Lawrence. Featuring eleven foot ceilings, marble
fireplaces in every room, original woodwork, huge windows offering
incredible views, and best of all, the quiet solitude of an enormous brick
structure in a quiet neighborhood.
Known for its numerous uses from Lawrence's first private hospital, The
Simmons Hospital, to a fraternity house through 1963, The Jacob House
House is by far one of the most reconized homes in the City of Lawrence.
During the fraternity years and the three decades to follow The Jacob
House House fell into serious neglect landing it on the Kansas State
Historic Preservation Offices list of homes to be "demolished due to
In 1994, Dan and Ken Riedemann purchased the mansion with a dream of
preserving it for future generations by the only reasonable means
available, adaptive re-use. Known for the first century of its existence
as the largest home in Lawrence, it had reached the point where
maintenance and the modern costs to heat and cool such an enormous
structure left it with no single family buyers. Therefore the plan was
presented to turn the property into upscale apartments.
After several years of renovation, The Jacob House House offers its
residents the security that only a structure of its proportions could
possibly offer, as well as an amazing history and incredible charm.
Units rent for $750.00 per month, one year leases only. All utilities paid
Residents are screened by owners who live on-site in the building to
assure a proper fit to the lifestyle the house affords it's residents.
For leasing information contact:
Sherri Riedemann (785)-979-5667